With everyone going banana’s for bread and baking these days we thought it is only fitting to mix it up and give you an original yet easy baking idea. This delicious peach cake will keep you entertained and eating good! The recipe is also truly simple so if you are not a skilled baker you definitely do not have to worry! Let’s get baking! This is the ideal summer cake- it is fruity, moist, and packed with actual peach which adds to its delicate texture. It can be made in only 4 steps- the great thing is you can always substitute the peach for any other fruit you want.
1 & 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs, room temp
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
4 ripe peaches- pitted, peeled (*see note below) and sliced into cubes (You should have 2 1/4 cups chopped peaches)
Confectioners Sugar for dusting
First heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch baking pan with spray, butter, or oil.
1. In bowl mix your flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. In a separate bowl beat your butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
3. Beat in your eggs, 1 at a time, allowing them to thoroughly mix in. Then add your lemon zest and vanilla extract.
4. Simply let the mixture stand and beat on low. Then add your diced peaches.
5. Transfer to your baking pan and voila…let it bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes, dust with confectioners sugar for the final touch.
You can simply leave the cake covered over if you are planning to serve it the next day. The following day simply dust with confectioners sugar and you are good to go. Feel free to add some fresh peace h slices to the center of the cake for an aesthetic and classy look.